We scavenged through the Oricon charts of the past year to find information surrounding the sales of Anime Bluray and DVDs for the first half of the year. And by the massive numbers at our disposal, it has already been an insane year for anime.
Uma Musume has broken all records clinching the title for the best-selling single volume of any anime ever leaving behind the likes of the classic and beloved franchises such as Monogatari, Evangelion, and Love Live.
READ MORE: Most-Watched Anime in Japan for May, JJK continues its Dominance while Tokyo Revengers Enters Top 5
The first volume of TV anime Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 came out on the 26th of May and has already sold 175,222 copies as of June 15, staying clear of Evangelion‘s 131,000 copies cumulative sales from its 10th disc.
Meanwhile, Jujutsu Kaisen has maintained its dominance in every medium it transcends to with its first volume which came out back in January selling 35,040 copies. SK8 the Infinity which was an anime original did really impressive numbers as well ranking fourth in the overall charts for the year so far selling almost 9,000 copies.
Some of the highlight entries from the Winter 2021 season include ReZero, Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, Mushoku Tensei, and Yuru Camp.
Anime Sales- Here’s the full list for the Best-Selling Anime of the Year so far:
- Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2; 167,153
- Jujutsu Kaisen; 35,040
- Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai; 27,076
- Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle – Rhyme Anima; 10,598
- SK8 the Infinity; 8,928
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen; 7,674
- Haikyuu!! To The Top 2nd Season; 7,252
- Assault Lily: Bouquet; 6,276
- Yurucamp Season 2; 6,250
- Strike Witches: Road to Berlin; 5,233
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2; 4,763
- Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season; 4,594
- Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu; 4,385
- Majo no Tabitabi; 4,373
- Azur Lane: Bisoku Zenshin!; 4,334.
Additionally, Horimiya‘s first volume sold 3,740 copies while Gotoubun no Hanayome Season 2 sold 3,493 copies with its first volume. Redo of Healer also had a stellar first run selling 3,015 copies while Bungo Stray Dogs: Wan sold 1,289 copies.