Tokyo Revengers has continued its reign across the Oricon charts as it once again takes the spot for the best-selling manga series of the month selling 2.7 million copies in May. It is really interesting to note that Tokyo Revengers sold 2.7 million copies between the month of January and April, and with that, the series’ total has gone to a massive 5.4 million in the first five months of the year.
Jujutsu Kaisen takes its consecutive second spot with 1.6 million copies sold while Demon Slayer stays in third place with more than 600,000 copies sold.
Kurusuriya no Hitorigoto which took sixth place is a really impressive entry considering it’s a manga adaptation of a light novel. Kaguya-Sama and Uma Musume are both new entries this month which took seventh and tenth place respectively among the ranks of the best-selling manga series of May.
Blue Lock fans have received more good news as the series continues to sell incredibly well without an anime selling more than 235,000 copies this month. Overall Sheuisha took 10 spots and Kodansha had their hands on an impressive 5 including the first spot.
- Tokyo Revengers; 2,702,408
- Jujutsu Kaisen; 1,655,415
- Demon Slayer; 600,366
- My Hero Academia; 327,318
- Attack on Titan; 319,081
- Kurusuriya no Hitorigoto; 302,438
- Kaguya-Sama; 281,866
- Kingdom; 275,685
- Haikyuu; 260,657
- Uma Musume Cinderella Grey; 248,205
- Sousou no Frieren; 239,899
- Dr. Stone; 237,710
- Blue Lock; 235,318
- Onna no Sono no Hoshi; 206,797
- Chainsaw Man; 199,545
- Shuumatsu no Valkyrie; 196,124
- Go-Toubun no Hanayome; 192,783
- Oshi no Ko; 189,679
- Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun; 189,044
- Hataraku Saibou; 187,875.
Source: Oricon Charts